Monday, August 12, 2013

Big Juicy Melons

Joes Farms Loves Big Juicy Melons! 


Lucky for us, we just happen to have a pair of big juicy succulent melons here on Joes Farm. To the long time Joes Farm readers you might remember the melon harvest of '09. The '09 melons were plentiful, juicy and the finest of fine tasting melons in the history of cultivated melons. We at Joes Farm have never tasted such a fine melon.



Since that record setting inaugural melon harvest of '09 we have been struggling in the juicy melon department. We had exploding watermelons in 2010. The damn melons exploded then they were eaten by ants.




In 2011 we were battling squash bugs. Those asshole bugs seem to target any kind of vine type plant. I hate squash bugs. 2012 I don't recall what the hell happened. This year, things are different, so far.

I know what you are thinking, Joes Farm, what is different about this year. Well I will tell you. The difference is water. Turns out I was not watering fields 3 and 4 enough. I thought I was but I was not. I found out this spring when a wise gardener paid Joes Farm a visit in the early days of the 2013 growing season. When Joes Farm thought the water was adequate but it was not. Joes Farm took measures to increase the frequency of watering and we also used cutting edge technology to automate the task of irrigation.

Now, Check out the big juicy melons.

These are some older photos of the juicy melons that are growing as wee speak.





These are some current pictures of the big juicy melons. I like the way they look. The melon harvest of '09 produced the best tasting melon ever eaten. If these taste half as good we are going to be in good shape.




Happy Farming!
Love,
Joes Farm


1 comment:

  1. Sir Joseph,

    Amazing melons you have going there out at Joe's Farm. Who was that wise farmer of yours who told you about your water needs??

    ReplyDelete